Bridgeplex is the all-in-one cloud platform to make your data useful. Imagine a really great integration tool with a BI layer that can enrich, deduplicate, and transform data, host it, secure it, manage users, and scale to any workload. Yep, we do all of that, and we managed it put it together with beautiful UI that’s friendly to both business and technical users.
Our CEO built the platform from scratch on top of open source tools, so an appreciation for quality engineering is in our blood. We are looking for a full-stack developer that is passionate about taking ideas from concept to end-product that can deliver reliable, scalable products. Someone that speaks both code and concepts. In other words, they know how to build things, but also understands the “why” behind it – why it’s meaningful to clients and drives results.
Here’s an example of a typical month:
- You’ll explore the API for the platform that we want to integrate with and build a library in PHP to be able to send and receive data to them in a fault-tolerant, scalable way.
- We want to add a new widget to our BI layer (ie: a new type of graph), so you’ll code a front-end that lets users customize what data the widget shows. You’ll then code the back-end that generates the queries to pull the data for this widget.
- We want to create an integration with a new platform, and we have a client that wants to try it. You’ll be on a call with the client to scope out the requirements.
- We need to ensure that everything is reliable, so we’ll build QA tests.
- Figuring out how to optimize a query in MemSQL (it’s essentially an in-memory version of MySQL that runs much faster and has some incredibly useful add-ons).
- Figuring out how to distribute a data processing job across a cluster of servers using a queuing system.
- Deploying code
We are looking for someone with the following skills:
- At least 3 years of experience in PHP
- Experience building automated QA tests
- At least 1 year of experience working with distributed, fault tolerant systems
- At least 2 years experience with MySQL
- At least 2 years of experience building enterprise products
- Preferably experienced in Docker
- Likes to understand the business reasons for why they are building something instead of just wanting “tickets and specs” for what to build
Compensation: $90k to $110k + bonus + benefits + unlimited vacation
This is a full-time position in NYC, but we are open to remote work for the right candidate.
We don’t bog down great ideas with red-tape, bureaucracy, and meaningless meetings. We value great ideas over rank – the best ideas win.